Arab world

As an aside, what's happening in the Arab world is exciting - the protests in Tunisia, Egypt, Yemen and elsewhere. It's a really interesting time to be interested in the Arab world right now. Though the Jasmine Revolution is just starting, the only thing in my knowledge that I can relate it to is 1989. Just a couple of years back I learned that the protests that started in Leipzig led to the fall of the Berlin Wall, which led to chain reactions and the end of the Iron Curtain. I remembered listening to these historical events with some doubt, as just stories, as events which I had never lived through. I asked myself how, living in Canada where things move at a snail's pace and going through the motions of elections seem to be like picking different types of $hit off the same plate, revolutions can start and regimes can be toppled. Now there's proof! Living proof!

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire