Top 10 "New" Artists of the Year

Ah, the joy of discovery. Do you know the feeling of newly discovering an older band, when everyone else has tired of them but you're so into their stuff? And then you look and it's like, "Oh, they've already got ___insert a ridiculous number here____ other albums!" So it's even better because you don't have to wait until their next album comes out to hear more of their music, yet it's all new to you. Wow, that's wordy.

Anyway, the following are a list of the top 10 bands or artists that I've discovered this year. In no particular order. Thanks goes out to FM4, hypemachine and UTNE Reader monthly music samplers because that's where I discovered most of these artists. Most of them put out a new album this year, so I guess that makes this list a "Top 10 Albums from 'New' Artists of 2010" too.


At first I thought this song was about missing somebody but then I listened more closely to the lyrics...


When I first heard this is was at work in Ottawa. I looked Lone Wolf up on Myspace and noticed that he was coming to Toronto for a show (not even - it was a support act). The show was on a Monday night. I left for Toronto for the weekend and watched the show on Monday, rushing to catch the midnight bus back to Ottawa for work on Tuesday morning at 7.




Yeah, the last two videos? You can tell that I love alt-rock with prominent drums.








I've only heard two songs from them so far but I really like her voice!






Crazy stuff. But I'm afraid their stuff is getting repetitive, as in, the beats are good, and I know it's supposed to be remixed, but they don't know how to end their songs...




Psych-e-de-lia!






This band's name is funny because I tried some capoeira for a while, and whenever I search for the band on a search engine I get some Japanese thing or the capoeira thing.

Okay. That's enough. That's way over ten, isn't it?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire