Interests

If someone were to ask me what I would spend my money on right now, I would tell them these things:

I would read and buy books about Mythology, especially Greek myths. Architecture and art introductions. Photography by Elliot Erwit (sp?). Anthropology books by people like Said and Levi-Strauss. Books on justice - Simone Weil, John Rawls. Self-help books about meaning to life. Books on genocide, its causes. Books on South East Asia, history and culture, mostly history of the 20th century. Books about the Third Reich, its reasons and consequences. Vegetarian cooking books. Indian cooking. Travel guides, Italy, Brazil. Surreal, oulipo-like or post-modernist literature. Multicultural fiction. Works about society and the city, and the meaning of place. Clouds. Wolves. Submarines.

I love films. I started as an excuse to eat popcorn and will never stop.

I listen to jazz, mostly jazz of the contemporary piano-as-premier kind. I listen to folk rock and folk pop, singer-songwriter. Not really country, but almost, without the twang and more authenticity. I listen to a lot of electronica. This came out of a past love for anything post-rock. Trance? Yes. House. Groove. Anything with a hard bass, beat, repetitions. Revivals.

My non-passive interests are photography, writing, collecting stamps, collecting business cards, receiving and sending postcards, going to vegetarian restaurants, trying new wines and cheeses, yoga, learning languages. I used to collect quotes but realize I haven't done so in the longest time.

These are a snapshot of my interests right now. They have and will change slowly over time, and before I know it I will be looking back fondly over my old interests without even knowing they have changed.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire